Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to address patient’s concern regarding the appearance of their nose. Nasal deformities can be secondary to congenital reasons, post traumatic(fractures from injuries) or simply the patient’s desire to change their appearance.View Before & After Gallery
Many times there is an associated problem with breathing secondary to a deviated septum which can also be a factor in the aesthetic appearance. Facial balance can also be affected by the disparity of the nose and chin and thus many will benefit from addressing both the chin(deficiency or excess) at the same time as the nasal surgery. An area many patients are unaware of is that the correction of the nasal tip may also improve the appearance of the upper lip.
How can rhinoplasty improve my nose?
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular procedures in all of plastic surgery because of its ability to enhance facial harmony. Nose surgery can effectively achieve the following:
- Reduce the overall size of the nose
- Smooth out bumps and/or depressions on the bridge of the nose
- Narrow the bridge of the nose
- Change the size or shape of the tip of the nose
- Widen or narrow the size of the nostrils
- Adjust the angle between the nose and upper lip
- Straighten the septum to improve breathing
- Performed under general anesthesia
- Incision is made across the columella under the nose
- Allows the most visibility for the surgeon during the procedure
- More precise surgery due to better ability to see and correct problem
- Performed under either intravenous sedation or general anesthesia
- Incisions are made on the inside of the nose
- Shorter surgical and recovery time
Schedule A Consultation
Q. Will I have any pain or discomfort during the rhinoplasty procedure?
A. No. Anesthesia is administered throughout the entire procedure, so patients do not have to worry about feeling any pain or discomfort during surgery.
Q. How long does nose surgery take to complete?
A. Nose surgery generally takes two to three hours to perform, although the exact amount of time needed for surgery will depend on the specific corrections that need to be made.
Q. Will I be able to go home after the surgery is complete?
A. Rhinoplasty is usually performed on an outpatient basis. However, because you will still be under the effects of anesthesia after surgery, you will need someone to drive you home.
Q. Will rhinoplasty leave scarring?
A. Surgical procedures that require incisions generally leave some extent of scarring. However, incisions will be placed inside of the nose or on the columella between the nostrils to ensure scarring is as inconspicuous as possible.
Q. When will the stitches be removed?
A. Stitches are typically removed six or seven days after surgery.
Q. How long does it take to recover from rhinoplasty?
A. Most patients will need about one week of downtime to recover from rhinoplasty, after which time they generally feel good enough to return to work. However, strenuous exercises and physical activities should be avoided until after your surgeon determines that your nose has healed properly at a follow-up appointment.
Q. When can I expect to see results?
A. The results of nose surgery will become more evident as swelling goes down over the coming weeks and months. It may take up to a year to see the final results of your rhinoplasty.