Who Can Benefit From a Mommy Makeover?
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause a loss of firmness and volume in the breasts, which often results in sagging breasts with loose skin. Breast augmentation and breast lift surgery can address these issues as part of a Mommy Makeover to restore femininity to the breasts.
Pregnancy usually takes the greatest toll on the abdomen. During pregnancy, the abdominal skin is stretched, and the abdominal muscles become separated. A Mommy Makeover can target this area with tummy tuck surgery to redefine the waistline.
Stubborn Fat Deposits
After pregnancy and childbirth, many women notice troublesome fat deposits in areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. Liposuction may be added to a Mommy Makeover package to target unwanted fat and further revamp the silhouette.
Design Your Mommy Makeover
- It is common for patients to include breast augmentation with their Mommy Makeovers.
- Breast augmentation can improve the size, shape, and definition of the breasts.
- There are many different implant sizes and styles to choose from to create the look for which you yearn. Remember that an implant will enhance your natural breast structure and contour; however, it will not change the basic anatomy of your breast, underlying muscle, or rib cage projection.
- Patients often opt to pair breast augmentation with a breast lift to achieve perkier, fuller breasts.
- Patients with breast skin laxity can benefit from adding a breast lift (mastopexy) to their Mommy Makeover.
- Breast lift surgery involves tightening and reshaping the breast tissue to create firmer, more supple breasts.
- Scars associated with breast lift surgery can vary from a circle, lollipop, to full inverted-T/circle depending upon how much recontouring is indicated for optimum results. Patients must be accepting of these scars to proceed with a breast lift.
- This procedure can be performed alone or along with breast augmentation during a Mommy Makeover for optimal results.
- Mommy Makeovers usually include tummy tuck surgery to improve the contours of the waistline and firm the abdomen.
- A tummy tuck tightens weak muscles, removes excess skin and stretch marks (below the belly button), and eliminates excess fat in the abdominal area.
- Women with changes limited to the lower abdomen (below the belly button) can opt for a more limited procedure such as a mini abdominoplasty.
- Women with belly skin laxity and compromised abdominal muscles are ideal candidates for tummy tuck surgery.
- Liposuction is often added to Mommy Makeovers to fine-tune the surgical areas by removing stubborn fat deposits.
- Liposuction can remove excess fat from the most common “trouble zones,” including the arms, back, abdomen, hips, and thighs, to help boost a woman’s self-esteem.
- This procedure can be performed alone or in combination with a tummy tuck to produce the maximum improvement to the midsection.
Before & After Examples
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
The best candidates for a Mommy Makeover are physically healthy and close to their goal weight. Liposuction is often combined with a tummy tuck to eliminate stubborn abdominal fat, but patients should note that neither procedure is intended for weight loss.
It is also ideal for patients to complete childbearing before undergoing a Mommy Makeover. Patients can still have the procedure if they desire more children in the future, but the results achieved may be reversed after a subsequent pregnancy. Breastfeeding after breast implants or a breast lift is also possible, but the success rate is slightly lower. Please note that many women who have never had a procedure may also have difficulty with breastfeeding.
Why is it best to have these procedures performed at one time?
Combining a few procedures into one surgery will decrease the overall recovery time needed, and it is also more cost-effective than having the procedures done separately. Obviously, the patient’s general health and condition will be assessed to determine whether multiple procedures are safe for each individual patient.
What results can I expect?
After surgery, your body will be significantly improved with more attractive, youthful contours. Scarring may be present but will be in inconspicuous locations and easily hidden beneath underwear or swimsuits, and the scars will continue to fade over time. Although the body will continue to age naturally, results are long lasting and can be maintained with a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
Can I have a breast augmentation without a breast lift during my Mommy Makeover?
Yes, but both procedures may be needed to achieve the best results. If sagging exists and breast augmentation is performed without a lift, there is a higher chance of complications developing after surgery. However, if there is no sagging present, satisfactory results may be achieved with just a breast augmentation.