Fat transfer combines two beneficial enhancement procedures in one. Fat is harvested from troublesome areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, and back. It is then purified and injected into another area to produce subtle, natural enhancement.View Before & After Gallery
In addition to fat transfer to the face and breasts, fat transfer to the top of hands can notably improve aging appearance from visibility of veins and age spots.
The Benefits of Fat Transfer
- Eliminates unwanted fat deposits harvested from the abdomen, thighs or inside knee
- Provides natural enhancement for the breasts, buttocks, hands, or face
- Achieves subtle results
Areas Treated With Fat Transfer
- Fat injected into the hands will plump the once aged looking skin for a youthful hand appearance.
- Fat transfer to the top of hands will camouflage signs of aging such as visibility of veins and tendons
- Interestingly, fat can have an effect on the skin surface including dark spots
- Fat is injected into the breasts to increase the size and reshape the breasts but more commonly to thicken or camouflage the visibility of breast implants in very thin patients
- Provides a modest size increase for women who don’t desire synthetic implants
- Often used in conjunction with breast reconstruction to help achieve a better, more natural breast shape
- Fat is injected into the hollows of the face, including the cheeks and under eyes(tear trough)
- Improves age-related facial volume loss, especially of the cheeks
- Improves skin texture, dark pigmentation and may decrease pore size
- Provides long-lasting volume when compared to synthetic facial fillers
- Fat is grafted in even layers to enhance the size and reshape the buttocks (Brazilian buttlift)
- Provides a more natural appearing buttock profile than silicone implants with significantly lower risk of infection
- Achieves the size increase that patients desire without the extended recovery period
Q: What type of anesthesia is used during fat transfer?
A: Fat transfer can be performed using local anesthesia. However, depending on the extent of fat removal, general anesthesia may be used to ensure patient comfort.
Q: Will there be scars after my fat transfer?
A: Tiny incisions are made at the liposuction site and the injection site that may result in minimal scarring. Any scarring that does develop is likely to fade over time.
Q: How long will my recovery period last?
A: The length of your recovery will depend on which area(s) have been enhanced using fat transfer. Fat transfer to the face has the fastest healing time of two weeks. Fat grafting to the buttocks has the longest recovery period of several months. During your consultation, your surgeon can discuss more accurate recovery timelines based on your individual circumstances.
Q: Are the results of fat transfer long lasting?
A: There may be some initial volume loss after your fat transfer as the body absorbs some of the grafted fat. However, any fat that remains after four months will provide permanent enhancement. Once the fat becomes part of your body, remember that you can lose or gain volume as you lose or gain weight.
Q: How significant of a breast size increase can I expect using fat transfer?
A: Fat transfer provides subtle enhancement of the breasts. Typically, most patients gain between a half cup and a full cup size increase.